Friday, February 16, 2007

Inspiration on a Personal Note


Where does inspiration come from? What creates that feeling of excitement that thirsts for knowledge and success? For, me it came from a very personal place. After watching my brother, John Hering, establish a start-up mobile security company, Flexilis, and truly being inspired by his passion and overwhelming sense of entrepreneurialism, I realized technology really appealed to me. I find the enthusiasm, drive, integrity, and incredible innovation among technology companies infectious, and aspire to further pursue PR in that area.

That having been said, I was thrilled when our professor introduced Scott Braradell, founder of Idea Grove, a public relations agency, as our speaker for Monday’s class. Braradell’s impressive background of communications coupled with technology, includes serving as Vice President of Corporate Communications for Pagenet, a wireless communications firm, as well as co-creating Brightpod, a technology consulting company.

Being knowledgeable in the realm of blogging, Braradell launched a blog that he said, “combines journalism and PR with cutting edge technology.” He feels that blogging is extremely beneficial in the corporate world for it not only facilitates networking with new clients and professionals, but also reveals knowledge of contemporary technology. Braradell said within five years, blogging will impact everything companies do, and most will hop on the technological bandwagon.

From Braradell’s insights, to my brothers encouraging words of wisdom, I am learning now more than ever how prevalent and valuable blogs are. After several weeks in this class, I genuinely appreciate how blogs can aid relationship-building, contribute to comprehensive understandings of technology, and function to illustrate all that writers wish to share. I learn something new everyday with my blog, and look forward to maintaining it well into the future.

http://www.flexilis.com/
http://www.ideagrove.com/blog/index.html

No comments: